Monday, December 06, 2010

FSOT 2010

Summer 2010. Back again for the FSOT as planned. Other than reading each issue of 'The Week', I did no real studying other than the routine basics and reviewing the essay scoring matrix from ACT.  My experience was very similar to last year:  JK section quickly completed and reviewed with about 15-20 minutes to spare.  The BIO again was close to the wire, but I completed it with about 3-5 minutes remaining.  EE was also close, with about 5 minutes left on the clock.  Unfortunately, the Essay was a topic with which I am quite familiar and have very real opinions, so the time frame was rather cramped.  I banged out an acceptable essay and submitted with mere seconds remaining.  Just for the record, I prefer having a topic about which I have little or no personal interest, as I can be persuasive without feeling the need to be Persuasive, if you get what I mean.

A few weeks later, I received notification that I had passed and should prepare my PNQs for submission by such-and-such a date.  I believe that some time after my testing window, ACT/BEX began including the FSOT section scores WITH the results letter, which is a very good thing, but I did not request them this time around.

Although it would have been interesting to find out my scores, I have been in this process for so long that passing the FSOT is no longer a source of stress for me.  The PNQ's however, were altogether different, as last year I was dropped at QEP.  Now I needed to decide how I was going to address those things in the hopes of getting better results!

Labels: , , ,