Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Back in Control

The site recently started sprouting popup ads, and I finally traced the source to my nedstat counter. I apologize for that. Apparently the new owners of that tracking site decided that 'free' wasn't good enough for a smalltime blog like mine. ;)

Anyhow, I've disabled that counter, so everything should work normally now. Please do let me know if anyone has any further issues or problems with the site.

If you haven't already felt the love, now is as good a time as any to switch to Firefox, which is quite effective at blocking popups (that's why I can't be certain how long the ads were being served). Enhanced functionality can be added with the use of extensions, which, out of the thousands available, I would recommend Adblock, IE View, and my favorite, the Yahoo! Mail Notifier, which automatically logs you into Yahoo and alerts you whenever new mail is posted to your inbox (that's right, it also means no more signing into the groups). Of course, if you prefer Gmail, there's an extension for that as well.

If you're inclined to give it a go, just click on the link above, or scroll down to the Firefox button towards the bottom of the page.

OK, </shill>